Frequently Asked Question
How do I setup Landmark Visits?
Last Updated 7 years ago
Setup Landmark Visits
Every landmark can be setup to record when a vehicle has visited it. This allows you to know what time a vehicle arrived at a location, how long it was there, and when it left.
1. Click on the "pencil" (edit) next to the landmark that you want to edit.
2. Click on the Additional Settings tab.
3. Enter a buffer size into the Landmark Buffer (mi) textbox.
4. Optional: change the Buffer Alert if you want to know when an item leaves a landmark. By default it is set to In, which tracks when a vehicle arrives at a landmark.
5. Optional: click on the Generate Alerts? checkbox if you want to setup an alert whenever a vehicle enters or exits a landmark.
6. Click on the Save button.
Importance of Buffer Size
The buffer size helps determine when a vehicle has visited a landmark. If the buffer size is set to .25 then every GPS location within 1⁄4 of a mile of the POI will be considered to have visited that landmark. In general a smaller buffer is preferred because there will be less chance to catch locations that did not truly visit the landmark. For example, if a landmark represents a store located inside a shopping center and the buffer size is too big then a vehicle that was at stopped at the intersection would be considered visiting the landmark.